YINDJIBARNDI CHANNEL VIDEOS ON-LINE
Internet streaming or downloadable videos are available from this video hosting service.
- WHEN THE GROUND IS HARD, YINDJIBARNDI DANCE! A CELEBRATION FOR NED MAYARINGBUNGU CHEEDY In September 2011 Juluwarlu, Ngarliyarndu Bindirri, Cheeditha and Yindjibarndi Aboriginal Corporations invited people from Roebourne and surrounds to Cheeditha Community for a performance of traditional Yindjibarndi Jalurra and Ngurnda to celebrate the National NAIDOC Lifetime Achievement Award to Mayaringbungu, and to thank Mayaringbungu for ...
- A EULOGY & COMMEMORATION—a collection of songs, stories and country featuring Ned Mayaringbungu Cheedy, drawn from the archives of Juluwarlu Aboriginal Corporation as tribute to the life and work of Mayaringbungu, elder of the Yindjibarndi people, Western Australia, 1906-2012.
- Pansy Cheedy, a member of the Yindjibarndi aboriginal people of North-Western Australia comments on why, after many years of quiet living, she has become motivated to speak out on issues which cause her concern.
- Wanggangarra is a film about family histories, relationship & respect amongst the Yindjibarndi and Ngarluma people of the west Pilbara, Western Australia. It tells the story of families and their origins in country; describes the concept of home or ngurra; and explains traditions of skin relationship and respect within extended families and the traditional life ...
- This is a record of an illegitimate ‘native title’ meeting (16 March 2011) sponsored by the iron ore miner, Fortescue Metals Group (FMG) and its CEO, Andrew Forrest, the richest man in Australia. The original posting of “FMG’s Great Native Title Swindle” was censored from Vimeo due to legal threats from FMG. It received 12,900 views ...
- Yindjibarndi elders Yilbie Warrie and Kenny Jerrold sing the Garmbulaynha Song that travels over country Twiggy will wipe off the face of the earth.
- Documentary about the Juluwarlu cultural archive and media centre for the Yindjibarndi people of the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- A video statement from Yindjibarndi Elders on the importance of Law and unity for the future of the Yindjibarndi people.